In our latest blog we hear from Lachy, our Community Engagement Officer.
Since beginning his role as Community Engagement Officer for Nobelius Land Surveyor’s in 2018 he has worked tirelessly across many projects.
What is your role?
My Name is Lachlan Balzary and I am Nobelius Land Surveyors Community Engagement Officer.
My role is to create a program which enables our business to be actively engaged and involved within the community and provides opportunity for our staff to get involved in giving back to the community. We surveyed all our staff and from this we built our program so that the program reflects our staff members passions.
What made you want to work on charity & community projects for Nobelius Land Surveyors?
There were a few reasons I was willing to take on this role for Nobelius Land Surveyors.
The first was the desire to do good within the community by all our executives. Ben, Tim & Rob are all so passionate about helping others who may not have be as lucky as they are. We are also striving to become a business that supports the community that has helped our business to grow.
Secondly, through my high school years, I was involved in a group that ran some really good community projects and I have always had a passion for helping others. Since high school I have become involved in my local football club and acquired the skills to be able to work on these current projects for our company.
What has been your favourite project so far?
We have achieved some good things in 2019 as a business, a few key projects that come to mind are that we have:
- Ran Relay for Life as a whole office team, raising over $1200 Dollars for cancer research.
- Saved two animals from death row through Forever Friends Animal Rescue
- Started our inaugural “Nobelius Land Surveyors Student Scholarship” with Pakenham Consolidated School, which provides one student with all they need for their transition from grade six into year seven.
- Completed all the survey work for RDAV Officer branch (Riding for the Disabled Association Victoria) who have had to relocate to a new facility in Pakenham.
- Set out a rescue centre for Forever Friend’s Animal Rescue, to ensure they can continue to help save and re-home animals.
My favourite Project would have to be our scholarship. To be able to provide one student the opportunity to get a real head start in their high school education, is something that would ease tension and financial burdens placed on families during this period. This means a lot to me, and I believe it instills a real reward for effort culture within the students. It gives the recipient a chance to be the best student they can be within their schooling life.
What are your plans for 2020?
We have some exciting projects we are working on this year and beyond.
- A BBQ for the Living Learning Centre in Pakenham to celebrate Christmas.
- A business working group to support the 4C’s in Pakenham in the acquisition of a new Van.
- We are also looking at projects that our staff can get hands on with, as well as continuing to build community ties.
- Keep an eye out for some exciting announcements soon.
If you are a business looking to get involved with community engagement and would like to collaborate with us please contact [email protected] or contact us here to see how you can help our community too.
To donate to any of the charities we have helped so far please see the website list below: